A Bluefoot Entertainment Production, www.bluefoot.tv
I found this as a text document, thinking Dustin Pedroia actually wrote it. But a little research found it’s a New Balance commercial published in 2011, and I thought you might enjoy it. Inspirational huh? For everyone, but especially for the little guys, the kids. And aren’t they really what it’s all about?
Here’s the text from the “Sounds of Baseball” Twitter page:
- Tell me I’m five foot nothing.
- Tell me I’ll be nothing.
- Tell me I’m just a nice story.
- Tell me my first year was a fluke.
- My second year was a fluke.
- That I’m a sentimental All-Star. Three Times.
- Tell me that someone is better.
- That someone else works harder.
- That baseball players aren’t warriors.
- Tell me an athlete can’t make a difference.
- How precious my time is.
- Tell us what we can’t do.
- Tell us who we can’t be.
One of us is gonna be right.