I’m enjoying a visit with my family this week so I’m taking the Thanksgiving holiday a little early. Here’s a poem that can easily be construed as one of thanksgiving when looking back over the years and realizing how important baseball has been in my life.
Dreams and Things
- If you had told me way back then
- That baseball diamonds filled with men
- Would somehow make my life a den
- Of hopes and dreams and acumen
- I doubt I would have listened.
- That memories from way back then
- of Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays,
- Of Whitey Ford and double plays
- Would somehow make my older days
- Much better than my childhood Continue reading