Here’s some fun quotes courtesy of Baseball Almanac that haven’t made it to the GFBB sidebar yet ! Just trying to kill time till baseball season folks!
- “All I remember about my wedding day in 1967 is that the Cubs lost a double-header.” George Will Source: USA Weekend (04/01/1990)
- “Aw, how could he (Jorge Orta) lose the ball in the sun, he’s from Mexico.” Harry Caray“
- I would always sing it (Take Me Out To The Ball Game), because I think it’s the only song I knew the words to!” Harry Caray.
- “They (Expos fans) discovered ‘boo’ is pronounced the same in French as it is in English.” Harry Caray
- “He (Darryl Strawberry) is not a dog; a dog is loyal and runs after balls.” Tommy Lasorda
- “He (Fernando Valenzuela) wants Texas back (in respect to his contract demands). Tommy Lasorda “Source: Sports Illustrated (December 28, 1961) Continue reading