"Here's to the little kid in all of us"
I’m enjoying a visit with my family this week so I’m taking the Thanksgiving holiday a little early. Here’s a poem that can easily be construed as one of thanksgiving when looking back over the years and realizing how important baseball has been in my life.
Dreams and Things
- If you had told me way back then
- That baseball diamonds filled with men
- Would somehow make my life a den
- Of hopes and dreams and acumen
- I doubt I would have listened.
- That memories from way back then
- of Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays,
- Of Whitey Ford and double plays
- Would somehow make my older days
- Much better than my childhood Continue reading
Posted in A1 Baseball, General
Tagged BASEBALL, Baseball Poem, Children and Youth, God, holiday, Mickey Mantle, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving and Baseball Poem, Whitey Ford, WILLIE MAYS
Sully’s at it again. He takes us from the beginning right up to today and lets us know what’s not so good about baseball back then and what’s so good about it now, today. And I have to agree with him although I have to admit my fondest memories are still of Mickey Mantle, Whitey Ford and Joe DiMaggio. Take a look and see what you think. Thanks again Sully. I love this kind of stuff!
Paul Sullivan’s website: http://sullybaseball.blogspot.com/